KidSport So All Kids Can Play
ABOUT KidSport Calgary & Area
We provide grants to help cover the costs of registration fees, as well as providing no-cost equipment so that all kids aged 18 and under in Calgary & Area can play a season of sport.
Our chapter accepts applications and administers grants of up to $500 per child/year, for kids who live in Calgary & Area. If you live outside of Calgary & Area please click on the chapter list to find your local chapter.
KidSportTM provides grants for children 18 and under to participate in a sport season of their choice. KidSport works to fulfill its mission of eliminating financial barriers to sport participation,
So ALL Kids Can Play! For more information, please visit www.kidsportcanada.ca/alberta
How does KidSport help?
KidSport provides grants to children from families facing financial barriers, so they can participate in registered sport programs.
KidSport supports programs that provide the child with a sustained sport experience led by qualified instructors.
Who is eligible to receive a KidSport grant?
• Families who are low income, on AISH, unemployed, or receiving income support through provincial government are all considered eligible.
• KidSport considers the social and economic barriers facing the family when determining eligibility.
• Grants for children and youth 18 years and under.
What does a KidSport grant cover?
• KidSport provides financial support, KidSport Calgary & Area can provide up to $375 per eligible child, per calendar year towards sport registration fees. Calendar year runs from January 1 – December 31.
• If the child needs equipment, we will make a referral to Comrie’s Sports Equipment Bank. Upon approval your information will be shared with Comrie’s Sports Equipment Bank so you can make an appointment with them.
• Grants are intended to be used for sport registration fees; travel to competitions is not eligible for funding.
When is the deadline to apply?
• It’s best to submit your application to KidSport as soon as you register your child in the sport program.
• Programs that are complete are not eligible for funding.
How to Apply:
1. Find a sport program your child would like to join and register him/her. 2.
3. You can now apply online or use the paper application form.
4. Notify the sport organization that you are requesting funds from KidSport.
5. Complete all sections of the application
6. Paper applications can be submitted by mail, email or fax.
Applications are reviewed by KidSport within 30 days. Cheques for approved applications are mailed to the sport club directly within two weeks of the review date. You will receive an email confirming your application result. Please note incomplete applications will delay the process by a minimum of four (4) weeks.
Privacy / Confidentiality
KidSport respects your privacy. We never sell, trade or loan your information to any other organization. Information provided in this application is being collected for the purpose of administering KidSport. This information will only be disclosed to KidSport personnel who need the information to carry out the responsibilities of their job, and to other organizations who may need to be contacted in order to process the application.