Thinking of stepping on a bodybuilding stage?
Maybe you are competing in your first Bodybuilding, Figure or Bikini competition?
Today’s Tuesday tip is about estimating your costs and plan a competition budget.
Well, it is probably more a recommendation that a tip really, as Bodybuilding is an expensive hobby. Plus, would you want all your hard work derailed at the last minute due to financial pressures?
Expenses to consider can be divided into three parts (but are not limited to):
Prep-competition expenses (trainer, coach, nutritionist, gym membership, food, supplements, posing coach/ posing classes)
Competition expenses (membership fee, competition entry fee, travel and accommodation costs, stage presentation items like tan, bikini/trunks)
Post-competition expenses (tan removal, reversal diet plan, maybe even a Personal professional photoshoot to celebrate your achievement)
As stage presentation is a passion at Flexiwear, today's post is about the costs of getting on stage and the expenses that occur during the final weeks leading up to your competition, some you may be able to re-use for another competition, but most you will need to budget for every time you compete.
· Skin preparation products (prepare your skin for tanning, body scrubs, pre-tanning products etc)
· Hair removal (waxing is one option)
· Competition Tan (dream tan or spray tan which can include base tan and top coat by different tanners)
· Stagewear (bikini, figure suit, posing trunks, themewear – see Flexiwear for your requirements)
· Dumb bell and/or resistant bands for backstage pump up
· Long mirror for backstage
· Bikini bite
· Professional stage photography/competition video
· Competition heels
· Stage jewellery
· Make-up artist (stage make-up)
· Hairdresser (hair styling)
Also, other beauty considerations are haircuts/colouring, hair extensions, acrylic nails, lash extensions etc.
Plus remember to include -
· Federation Membership (usually one-off annual fee, each organisation has their own membership fee)
· Competition Entry Fees (per class entered, every time you enter)
· Travel and accommodation costs (if competing out of town)
FYI for the GUYS - a well-groomed physique will stand out for the right reason (think skin, hair, nails, beauty routines are not just for the ladies). Also, made-to-measure Flexiwear posing trunks will enhance your physique when worn correctly.
Lastly think of all these items listed as an investment in your stage presentation which it is just as important as all the training and nutrition that got you there.
Remember, you are stepping on stage to present your physique. Spending time on the finer details of your stage presentation can mean all the difference between a win and runner up.
“Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” – Alexander Graham Bell