Terms & Conditions
This contract is between Inge Lodewyk Photography (hereinafter known as “the Photographer”) and the Person whom has either 1. Booked a photoshoot, or 2. Paid for a photoshoot, or 3. Received the photoshoot as a gift, (hereinafter known as “the Client”).
These Terms & Conditions are also bound to Client’s Guests/Family/Addendees during photoshoot and that the it is the Client’s responsibility to educate and/or distribute said Terms & Conditions to all person(s) involved in booked session. This agreement will become effective, once the Confirmation of Booking is received by Client & payment has been received.
At the time the contract takes effect, the Photographer shall reserve the date and time agreed upon, and not make any other reservations or accept any other Clients for said date and time. For this reason, in the event that the Client cancels the contract for any reason, all monies paid shall be retained by the Photographer in order to offset its loss of business and is not transferable in any way or form.
BOOKING A PHOTO SESSION:
• Payment of the balance must be paid no later than 1 week before the date of the session. Any additional payments for extra images, or any other services are to be made when order is placed.
• Out of town expenses (travelling expenses) are payable in full before the session date. Traveling expenses will be quoted separately outside Bloemfontein.
• Only EFT payments or Cash payments will be accepted, NO e-wallet or other form of payments will be accepted, due to high transaction costs.
PHOTO SESSION CANCELLATION / POSTPONEMENT:
• In the event of a cancellation of the session or Photographer’s services, Client will not be refunded their booking fee in order to offset the loss of business and time Photographer has already invested in aiding Client and preparing for Client’s session.
• Cancellation is to be given to Photographer electronically in writing.
DURING THE PHOTO SESSION:
Client & Photographer will meet at pre-determined Date, Time & Place. DO NOT BE LATE!
• The Client understands that session times are booked according to a shooting schedule. Photographer will not be held liable for Client’s loss in session time & session fee, the Client(s) are responsible for arriving on time. In the case of the Client not being on time, the time will be deducted from the original agreed session time and the Photographer will not be held responsible for loss of suitable shooting light or the missed amount of images agreed upon not obtained within the time remaining for the planned session.
• The retouching & editing process takes approximately 5-6 weeks to complete dependent on the level of retouching required, amount of images to be retouched, Eskom load shedding and Photographer’s schedule.
• Photographer will choose the best images for edit. NO unedited images will be given under any circumstances!
• The Client will abide by these conditions and accept that Clients are serviced on a first come first served basis. The Client will not put the Photographer under any pressure to perform faster in any way or form.
• All packages are quoted with a set amount Digital high resolution Jpeg images (unless otherwise stated).
• The Client accepts that technical considerations in photography might result in a specific shot not being suitable for publication or delivering to the Client.
• The Client will receive a private online gallery via whatsapp and/or email, with instructions to download their session images at own leisure.
• Gallery will be available online for 3 Months. The Client is responsible to download and backup session images on own devices and/or cloud.
• In the event that the Client does not have access to the internet a CD or Disk can be purchased for R30.00, this request must be given to the Photographer 1 week in advance.
• Photographer will not be held liable for wardrobe failure, including and not limited to visible objects in pockets, including and not limited to underwear showing or fitted incorrectly.
• Photographer will not be held responsible for unclear eyes while Client is wearing reflective or bifocal glasses.
MAKE-UP & HAIR:
• Photographer will not be held liable for make-up failure, including and not limited to uneven tone, excessive blotched or irritated skin, intentional or unintentional shining of skin, smudged or clogged mascara or make-up smeared or transferred to clothing or guests.
• Photographer will not be held liable for hair failure, including and not limited to incorrect hair colour, freshly dyed hair stains on forehead, neck and ears, faulty hair cut & flyaway hairs.
• Photographer will endeavour to try and remedy above mentioned issues onsite if possible, or digitally without impairing the integrity of the images.
BODY IMAGE & SELF-CARE:
• The Photographer encourages positive body image. Client can quickly cover up unwanted or extra kilos with flattering clothing and accessories.
• It is the responsibility of the Client to affirm self-care of themselves and their guests to arrive and ready to start with clean faces, noses, teeth, hands, feet, clothes & nails.
• Photographer cannot control the weather. All outdoor sessions are dependent on weather conditions, and the Client will not force the Photographer to use their equipment if the Photographer deems the weather to be unsuitable.
• In case of unsuitable weather conditions, the date will be rescheduled. Due to the sensitive nature of camera equipment, Photographer reserves the rights to stop shooting, and take necessary steps to protect the camera equipment, in the case of bad weather breaking out.
• Photographer WILL NOT BE held responsible for any loss of photographs due to weather conditions.
• If it is not possible for a photo shoot / session to take place on the scheduled day due to weather, Photographer and Client will reschedule on an agreed date as soon as possible with no additional charge.
Photographer will not tolerate verbally or physically abusive behavior, nor will Photographer share their time, or compete for the attention of subjects.
• Photographer understands that small children can be very unpredictable and still learning to communicate or vocalize their feelings or intentions. Therefor it is agreed that booking and paying for a photo session is at the own risk and discretion of the Client and understands that it may potentially result in a photo shoot failure.
• If one of the following statements describes your child, please reconsider booking a session for your child: Clients Child suffers from separation anxiety, is fearful and gets easily scared of new surroundings or people, hates sticky hands or getting dirty, Photographer WILL NOT BE held liable or responsible for crying or screaming children resulting in an unsuccessful session. ~ See reshoot option in Clause 13.3
CO-OPERATION/ NO SHOWS:
• The Parties agree to positive co-operation and communication for best possible result within the definition of the assignment.
• Client is responsible to clearly communicate to Photographer if certain individuals in the attended group must not be photographed in abundance. Photographer will handle this matter discreetly.
• Photographer is not responsible for key individuals’ failure to be present and/or co-operate during photo sessions throughout the session time, neither for missed images due to details not revealed to Photographer in advance. The photo shoot / session can be rescheduled at the original session fee.
13.1 In the event that the Client is completely dissatisfied with the final results with valid reason, Photographer will reshoot at a 70% discount from the original quotation.
13.2 In the unlikely event that the finished product from the session is unusable due to technical problems (camera failure or exposure problems), Photographer will reshoot at no additional charge. No refunds will be given after the session or retouching process.
13.3 In the event that the Client is dissatisfied with the final results because of Clause 11, Photographer will allow a reshoot at a 50% discount from the original quotation with the condition being that the Client will only receive the total amount of images booked during the first session.
13.4 Reshoots must be booked within 12 months from date of unsuccessful original booked date.
• All image files captured by Photographer are in RAW format to ensure high image quality. No RAW files will be given to Client under any circumstances whatsoever. Client will receive a selected amount of images in JPEG format only.
• The Client agrees that all images captured are copyrighted to and remain the property of Inge Lodewyk Photography.
• The entire copyright in the photographs is retained by the Photographer at all times throughout the world. No copies of images may be sold for profit, in either print- or digital format, by Clients or associates.
• The photographs given are considered final and may not be altered or edited by anyone else in any way without the written consent of the Photographer.
• Clients will be granted a print-release permitting Clients to print copies of their allocated images for personal use only. (Personal use includes social media, displaying on a non-profit base, allocating to friends and/or family, and related)
Client shall not hold Photographer responsible for any injury or harm that may come to Client/s during a photo shoot/session.
Client agrees that they will not disparage Photographer, or post any negative statements, reviews, comments, or feedback about Photographer or services provided by the Photographer to any third party whether orally or in any written publication or online forum, chat room, or message board, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
• If the Client does not want images posted to Facebook, the Photographer must receive written objection before the booked session is entered into.
• If any other information like names, or birth dates or any other personal information should not be shared on social media, the same written requests must reach the Photographer before the session is entered into.
• Please advise the Photographer of any religious/cultural considerations before the session date.
• This clause applies to all social media, including Facebook, Instagram and blogs. When published online it is required that citation (tag/ mention) of photographer be made.
• The client agrees that they will under no circumstances alter any photographs that are placed in public on the internet.
• The client agrees to be responsible for any family member or friend who posts our photographs online and agrees that they cannot be cropped (with the exception of the forced cropping for Facebook’s Timeline), altered in color, or edited in any way.
These terms & conditions contain the entire understanding between Photographer and Client. It supersedes all prior agreements between the parties. The only way to add or change this agreement is to do so in writing, signed by all the parties. If the parties want to waive one provision of this agreement, it does not mean that any other provision is also waived.