Welcome to makchic
Check out our latest articles, events and collaborations!
Mother’s Day 2022 Contest
Over RM4000 worth of prizes to be won. Just tell us what your most memorable or epic ‘mum brain’ moment!
Ask the Expert with Headstart Academy: Raising Neurodiverse Children
makchic x Akru on Financial Wellbeing – Part Three: Financial Planning for New Families
Smart Cooking Hacks For The Busy Parent, With Panasonic Malaysia
Autism Through My Eyes Campaign at Sunway Putra Mall
Our book is now available for sale!
Family Fun and Tips for Thrill-seekers at LEGOLAND Malaysia’s Build The Thrills
17 Local Florists and Flower Shops in Malaysia That You Should Know About
18 Family-Friendly Camping and Glamping Sites in Malaysia
makchic Recommends: Children’s Books We Love
How (and Why) I Started Book Clubs for My Kids
makchic reviews: We Can Be Anything’s Careers in a Box
Best Libraries in the Klang Valley for Kids
Stylish Raya Bazaars to Visit in April 2022
12 Children’s Bookstores in Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Ipoh that We Love
Matching Mummy and Me Outfits: 12 Brands for Twinning with Your Mini-Me
10 Best Outdoor Playgrounds in the Klang Valley
"What if?" by makchic
Our first picture book to educate children aged 3 to 8 years on consent, personal safety and body boundaries.
Buy it now
Purchase "What if?" on Lazada, or at Cziplee and Lit Books.
Extra resources for you to continue the conversation with your kids at home, from practice scenarios to fun activity sheets.
Want more information?
The what, why, when, where and hows of "What if?"
Gift Ideas for Your Pregnant Bestie and Her Bub
Babyshop Giggles Diaper Bag
Carry your baby's essentials in style in Giggles' range of diaper bags with lots of functional compartments.
PatPat Mommy and Me Matching Rompers
This lace stitching floral print matching rompers will be oh-so-cute for your bestie's future photoshoots with her bub!
Kinohimitsu Birds Nest with Snow Lotus & Honey
A pregnant mama needs all the help she can get with nutrition. Birds Nest is known to improve the immune system and skin hydration!
Lightweight Nursing Shawl
A practical breastfeeding cover to keep your bestie and her baby comfy. Also available in gray!
U-shaped Pregnancy Pillow
This multi-functional pillow can be used during pregnancy as well as postpartum for breastfeeding.
Babyshop Baby Carrier
Sturdy and strong, this Giggles Zen Baby Carrier is perfect for mamas who plan to get busy after her confinement.
Babyshop Play Mat
The padded cushion lets babies lie comfortably on their tummies and protects their delicate chests from getting hurt.
Babyshop Blanket with Hood
Made from quality fabric, this soft, textured blanket will keep babies comfy and snuggly!
Babyshop Receiving Blanket
Swaddle your little one in this beautiful Giggles receiving blanket with floral print lace overlay 😍
At makchic, we have always believed in supporting and uplifting families on their parenting journey and in fostering honest, authentic and conscientious conversations within our much-loved makchic community.
We believe in the power of all voices, and are committed to encouraging lively and intelligent commentary amongst our readers in respect of the content we publish. That being said, we also strive to ensure that our platform fosters respectful and constructive dialogue and remains an inclusive and safe space for our readers.
Comments should, as far as possible, adhere to the following guidelines:
● Stay on topic. Please keep your comments brief and relevant to the topic at hand. This is to ensure that the conversations on our website and social media platforms remain meaningful.
● Be civil and respectful. We will not tolerate any hate speech, discrimination, personal attacks or hostile language on any of our platforms. If any comment is of the aforementioned nature, or contains a threat (whether direct or indirect) to the physical or mental well being of any makchic community member, individual or group, we reserve the right to pre-moderate and/or remove that comment forthwith.
● Refrain from making allegations or uncorroborated claims of any kind. Claims which cannot be proven will not be entertained by us.
● Be mindful of the law. We will also not entertain comments that may defame or disparage a person’s or an organisation’s reputation, or which results in a breach of copyright laws and/or any other laws of Malaysia.
● No comments of a commercial and/or advertising nature are permitted. We do not allow promotional, spamming or marketing messages of any kind.
● Finally and for avoidance of doubt, makchic reserves the absolute right to pre-moderate, edit, publish or remove any comments at our discretion, in accordance with the aforementioned guidelines.
When You Are Not Safe At Home During Covid-19
makchic is a Malaysian-based online parenting site for urban mothers and fathers.
We are passionate about content and projects that reflect and support our chic, curious and spirited mums.
We believe in the rich and diverse stories of parenthood that inform, support and uplift all families out there.makchic.com