Useful tips to enjoy your daily life
Chinese language and economy master’s student. 🇨🇳
Fashion addicted, beauty and skincare obsessed.
Keen on international politics and home workouts.
Netflix tv series binge watcher.
Flowers lover 🌸
My top picks
Espressoh make up
I’d like to introduce you to a new make up brand I have been using for a while now: Espressoh. It’s a make up line made in Italy, precisely in Pescara (a city near the one where I live in). The brand takes inspiration from Italian coffee, so the Aroma
lipsticks have a coffee smell and are enriched with coffee arabica seed oil. The A.B.C. concealer has caffeine in it and the two shades chosen adapt to everyone skin tone. Finally, Glassy is a blush in a transparent jelly texture that turns into a blushing rose tint once in contact with the skin, depending on the PH reaction of your skin. I still have to try the Intenso mascara.
Two must-have beauty products
I'm back with my beauty suggestions: let’s talk about skincare.
Here I show you two products that have been helping me lately taking care of my skin.
1. Fresh "Soy Face cleanser" (This product can be used by all skin types).
It’s a three-in-one face wash that gently melts away makeup and mascara, removes impurities, and tones for clean, balanced skin. It's made with amino acid-rich soy proteins, calming cucumber extract, and balancing rosewater. It is really super gentle, after washing your face it feels softer and smoother, not tightening or dry. So, you can use it everyday morning or just when you want to remove your make up without using cotton pads!
2. La Roche Posay "Effaclar K+" (for oily skin types, suitable also for sensitive skin).
It's a gel moisturiser that reduces the appearance of blemishes and blackheads, controls shine and helps protect the skin from red or brown coloured marks often left by spots. You can apply it every morning and evening for better results, or just in the evening if you use vitamin C serums or mosturiser during the morning (it is better not to apply Effaclar that contains Niacinamide, aka vitamin B3, together with vitamin C).
Effaclar K+ it's claimed to give visible results in only 12 hours after using it, moreover it gives 24 hours hydration and long lasting mattifying finish to the skin. It
absorbs quickly for a non-sticky and non-oily finish. You can find this product in pharmacies and parapharmacies.
4 Holy Grail face masks
In these long quarantine days one thing we can all do to treat ourselves is masking!
Here I list for you my top favourite masks of the moment:
1. Summer Fridays Jet Lag mask: this mask is everything, it's a little bit expensive but I promise is all worth it (you can choose the full size or the travel size).
Jet lag mask is super hydrating, you can also use it on the under eye area. You can apply a thin layer and after 10 minutes blot with a warm cloth or as I usually do, just use the mask as a mousturizer, because this Summer Fridays special mask do not need to be rinsed. (link below)
2. L'oréal exfoliate and refining face mask: this is an affordable mask that you can find in every dedicated shop. It is a 3 pure clays and red algae mask that is claimed to exfoliate dead skin cells, unclog and tighten pores. Actually it really does its job, believe me!
3. 7th Heaven Chocolate mud: It's a revitalising and deep cleansing hard drying mask, above all it smells deliciously like chocolate, what can I add more?
As we know 7th Heaven masks are single use (or maybe double-use) I suggest you to buy a bunch of them.
4. Tonymoly I Am real sheet mask: I tried the Tea tree soothing face mask of this famous korean brand, and I loved it. It left my skin super smooth and soft. You can find it online for almost 5 euros (I suggest you to shop on lookfantastic.it).Summer Fridays-Jet lag mask
My top picks
Home workouts and meditation
Meditate with Balance app
I discovered this useful app that introduce you to the world of meditation. Balance app personalizes meditations depending on your goals and challenges. Every day you will hear relaxing audio with meditation instruction to follow.
The base foundation is totally free and it lasts for 10 days.
Simple and functional Nike training workouts
I know workouts at home are very boring, but here I have a selection for you with 3 functional workouts you can easily do.
1) A 10 minutes legs and core workout (with a lot of squats)
2) A 20 minutes glutes and hips workout, you can also add loop bands to better strengthen your glutes. (Find link below)
3) A 15 minutes abs workouts.
You can train 3 times a week switching between these 3 workouts.
I hope you can enjoy these workouts and sweat!
My top picks
Netflix Tv series/ movies suggestions
Self made: Inspired by the life of Madam CJ Walker
I’d like to suggest you a new Netflix tv series, “Self-made: Inspired by the life of Madam CJ Walker”. The series brings the story of America’s first (black) female self-made millionaire, with the inspirational Octavia Spencer starring in the titular role of Madam CJ Walker.
I don’t want to give you spoilers, so I simply highly recommend this series because it shows the confidence women have when it comes to furthering their own agenda as successful bussinewomen.
Madam CJ Walker challenged post-slavery biases of gender and race and started to change revolutioning the hair car sector while pushing for a comprehensive review of women’s perception of beauty in the early years of 1900.
Our Planet documentary
In this quarantine boring time, I suggest you to watch this Netflix documentary series: “Our Planet” (il Nostro Pianeta). Winner of two Emmy awards, this 8 episodes series focuses on the diversity of animals’ habitats around the world ( from frozen worlds, forest, jungles to deep oceans, coastal seas and deserts).
“Our Planet” also gives you a great idea on humans’ impact on the natural environment and it really makes you think over. The wonderings of our world are beautifully portrayed in the documentary to give you a sense of freedom and amazement, but at the same time watching the documentary we acknowledge that human action is rapidly destroying the wonderful places of our planet.
Please carefully watch this series and of course dream of all the wonderful places and wildlife our planet is made of.
Two "cat-themed" true-crime docuseries
1. "Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness" it's now one of Netflix's most popular series and it topped “Stranger Things” Season 2’s first 10 days viewership record. This true crime docu-series focuses on the unbelievable story of a Oklahoma zookeepers, Joe Exotic, an eccentric man obsessed with tigers and wild cats, as well as with guns.
The docuseries shows his life within the zoo and all his madness and hate towards Carol Baskin, an animalist woman who runs a facility called Big Cat Rescue.
Joe Exotic, is accused of allegedly having orchestrated a murder-for-hire plot against Carole Baskin.
I can't tell you more, I can't even describe this trash/surreale docuseries, you have to watch it!
2. "Don't fuck with cats": it's a strange docuseries commented by internet nerds. In 2010 these internet nerds began to search for a man who uploaded online horrible disturbing videos, showing brutal acts againt little cats. The search turned into a world-wide manhunt after this man (Luka Magnotta) and his escalated crimes.
This docuseries really displays the power of the internet, a group of common people foresees a dangerous serial killer years before the police notice him. The docuseries, in fact, focuses on the real story of one of Canada's most infamous murderer.