Harley Scheck Cuisinière
Eat well. Eat smart.
Eat well. Eat smart.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to come home to a great meal - one that not only tasted good, but also was good for you?
Well now you can! Let me do your weekly meal prep to relieve you from the hassle of deciding “what’s for dinner?”. I specialize in creating menus for WW (formerly Weight Watchers) members, but meals can also be tailored to accommodate food allergies, other dietary requirements, and/or palate preferences.
I am not a nutritionist or trained chef; I rely on WW etools to calculate points & my passion for cooking to prepare eclectic, delicious and healthy meals for people who want gourmet food that's still good for them. I believe in “clean” eating and try to keep ingredients seasonal and organic whenever possible. Weekly menus offer a tempting variety of cuisines from around the world, as well as recipe reinventions of classic comfort foods.
Here’s a small sampling of some of the delectable dishes I’ve made -
• Baby lamb chops with turnip chips & bleu cheese fondue
• Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts with cauliflower fried rice
• Balsamic roasted figs over arugula with Gorgonzola
• Herb roasted turkey tenderloin with a lemon-dijon gastrique & a salad of delicata squash, haricot verts, arugula & almonds
• Pesto zoodles with shrimp, baby artichokes & tomatoes
• Chicken tangine, harissa roasted carrots with a lemon yogurt sauce and za’atar spiced crispy kale
• Pumpkin ravioli with sage butter
• Saag tofu, chana masala & tikka chicken thighs
• Roast chicken with mustard cream & a strawberry micro green salad
• Branzino with chickpea cucumber olive salsa & garlic yogurt dressed zucchini ribbons
• Pork tenderloin with maple-mustard gravy & roasted cabbage steak
• Korean BBQ Short rib tacos with kimchi apple slaw
• Skate puttanesca & asparagus risotto
• Mussels in a white wine garlic broth & fries
• Chicken stuffed with spinach, mushrooms & goat cheese with yam pavé and roasted veggies
• Lemon cream chicken with asparagus
• Skirt steak with chimichurri and grilled zucchini & tomatoes
La cuisinière - Harley
𝘊𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯. 𝘐 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 - 𝘮𝘪𝘹𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘴, 𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘷𝘰𝘳𝘴, 𝘵𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴...
I developed a love for cooking, baking, and entertaining at an early age. As a kid I learned by watching Graham Kerr and Julia Child on PBS; by the time I was in my late teens, I was throwing elaborate sit-down dinner parties for 10 when my parents were out of town! During my college years, I was was known for catering parties in my dorm room. Post college, I was all about how many people I could host in my tiny NYC apartment. In 2010 I had taught myself how to sculpt edible decorations out of fondant and started a side hustle creating couture cupcakes for kid’s parties, weddings and corporate events.
While I still love making cupcakes, the last few years I’ve been focused on developing recipes and meal prep menus. I try to keep my ingredients clean and seasonal, and always rather opt for a little bit of the real thing over “skinny“ substitutes. It’s my belief that a meal can feel decadent and indulgent, and by being thoughtful and creative, it can still be healthy.
Eat well. Eat smart. 💋