My top affordable picks
Hey guys!! Here are my top favourite & affordable skincare and makeup products. Do check it out and if you find this useful then share with your friends as well.
1. HIMALAYA OIL CLEAR LEMON FACEWASH IS FOR OILY TO COMBINATION SKIN TYPE as it has lemon and honey in it. Lemon acts as a natural astringent which soaks up excess oil onto our skin, it also deep cleanses our skin . It has tiny blue beads which gently exfoliates our skin by removing all the dirt, dust, impurities and light makeup from the skin. It makes our skin look fresh and clean. It cost me 65 inr for 50 ml of product quantity.
2. HIMALAYA MOISTURIZING ALEOVERA FACEWASH IS FOR NORMAL TO DRY SKIN TYPE. This facewash has aleovera and cucumber in it. Aleovera moisturizes, nourishes our skin and cucumber hydrates our skin as it is well known for its high water content. It gently cleanses our face and refreshes our skin. The price of this facewash is 65 inr for 50 ml of product quantity.
NEUTROGENA DEEP CLEAN LONG LASTING SHINE CONTROL SCRUB exfoliates our skin without any harshness or damage to the skin. One should scrub their face at least once or twice a week as scrubbing helps to remove the layer of dead skin cells that may clog the pores. It reduces the excess oil on face and controls the shine for 4-5 hours, after 4-5 hours t-zone starts getting oily a little bit. Neutrogena deep clean daily scrub has salicylic acid in it which deep cleanses the pores and helps to unclog all the clogged pores by removing dust, dirt, excess oil, pollution, sebum from the skin. It has small visible beads in it which acts as an exfoliants and makes our skin soft and supple. It cost me inr 1,500 for 125 ml of product quantity.
This is an effective homemade facepack. The ingredients required for this facepack are
1. WILD TUMERIC has antiseptic properties. As tumeric is well known from ages for treating acne, acne scars, hyperpigmentation and also for whitening the skin. Wild tumeric is more effective for skin than kitchen tumeric because it doesn't leave any yellow stains on the face.
2. NEEM POWDER has antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic properties which kills the acne causing bacteria. Neem powder is good for the people having acne prone skin. Neem powder minimises the size of pimple, soaks up excess oil onto the skin.
3. BESAN reduces dark spots effectively, it gently cleanses our face by removing dirt, dust and impurities from the skin
4. WATER is used as a mixing agent. Oily skin type people can also use ROSE WATER instead and dry skin type people can use raw milk or curd as a mixing agent.
Take half tablespoon of wild tumeric, neem powder, besan and add sufficient amount of water required to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on to the face and keep it for good 15 to 20 minutes. After that rinse with cold water.
HIMAYALA REFRESHING AND CLARIFYING TONER is alcohol free and paraben free, which is a great thing about it. This is more like an astringent than a toner as it has lemon extracts in it which acts as a natural astringent and removes the dirt from the skin. It maintains the pH level of our skin and gives our skin a healthy and fresh look. The cost of this toner is 95 inr for 100 ml of product quantity. The another option for toner is rose water, as far now the purest and cheapest rosewater I have found is PATANJALI GULAB JAL. It is super affordable (120 ml for just 30 inr ). Rose water also maintains the pH level of our skin and keeps our skin moisturized and hydrated.
Moisturizer + primer
LACTO CALAMINE DAILY FACE CARE OIL BALANCE LOTION is meant for oily skin. The main ingredient in this lotion is kaolin clay. Kaolin clay contains natural minerals which helps to absorb the excessive oil without removing essential oils from the skin. It also has glycerin which moisturizes our skin and zinc oxide which helps to minimize the size of acne( if you have any)and also reduces dark spots. Lacto calamine acts a great primer and moisturizer. It can be used as a makeup base so that the makeup lasts longer. The price of this lotion is 75 inr for 30 ml of product quantity.
Sunscreen is very much important part of skincare, as it acts as a protective shield and protects our skin from harmful UV rays. BIOTIQUE BIO CARROT SUNSCREEN gives protection from UVA / UVB rays, this reduces the risk of anti aging, wrinkles & skin cancer. It has SPF 40+ in it . It has a lotion type consistency and so blends easily into the skin. Again it is super affordable 50ml of product quantity for just 115 inr. One should apply sunscreen to all the exposed parts of body with minimum SPF 30 and maximum SPF 50.
Foundation & CC creams
So here for foundation I have 2 options
1. MAYBELLINE FIT ME FOUNDATION which is for normal to oily skin type. This foundation is my all time favourite as it blends onto the skin easily and doesn't make my large open pores visible. It gives a matte finish, hides darkspots, blemishes and gives a natural tone to our skin. It provides medium coverage & stays on my skin for 6-7 hours. There are 6 shades available in the market but the shade which matches perfectly for my skin tone is 310 SUN BEIGE. The only cons in this product is that it doesn't have spf in it. It cost me 500 inr for 30 ml on product quantity.
2. LAKME 9TO5 CC CREAM also blends easily onto the skin and gives a matte finish. It doesn't hide all the dark spots but to certain extent, it does. This cc cream is light-weighted but gives your skin a matte finish through out the day. The only cons in this product is that it provides low coverage + it doesn't have spf in it. It is suitable for all skin types. There are 4 shades available in market but the shade which matches my skin tone is 02 BEIGE VANILLA. It is a perfect CC cream for College or school going girls. It cost me 550 inr for 29 ml of quantity.
At some point of time, we all have used JOHNSON'S BABY POWDER. There are lots of loose powders available in market but I prefer to use Johnson's baby powder as my loose setting powder as it is mild and gentle on the skin. It sets my makeup well for long period of time and gives my skin a matte finish. Plus it is super duper affordable, the price of 50 gm of quantity is 47 inr.
1. MAYBELLINE NEWYORK WHITE SUPERFRESH COMPACT with 12 hours whitening and pure perlite. Pure perlite visibly lightens complexion and absorbs sweat and oil. It has SPF 28 with PA+++ which protects skin from skin darkening and sun damage. It naturally gives perfect looking complexion. It is available in 4 shades and the shade I have is SHELL which is for medium to whitish skin. It is dermatologist tested and suitable for everyday use. It cost me 160 inr for 8 gm of product quantity.
2. MAYBELLINE NEWYORK CLEARSMOOTH ALL IN ONE COMPACT is shine-free, provides light-weight flawless coverage, is dermatologist tested, non comodogenic and gentle on skin with oil control. It has SPF 32 with PA +++ which protects skin from sun damage. It effectively controls oil and sweat for 5-6 hours. This compact gives good medium coverage, it hides dark spots and dark circles to some extent and works best after applying maybelline fitme foundation. This compact has 5 shades but the shade which matches my skin tone is 05 SAND BEIGE.
Mascara & kajal
1. MAYBELLINE NEWYORK HYPERCURL WATERPROOF MASCARA gives curled eyelashes that lasts for up to 18 hours. Available in washable black and waterproof black variants. The Hypercurl formula in the mascara instantly builds 3 times the volume in your lashes and helps curl them, giving you thick, curly lashes. It cost me 325 inr for 9.2 g of product quantity.
2. MAYBELLINE NEWYORK COLOSSAL KAJAL lasts for 24 hours. This intense black fix formula with deep black mineral colour stays smudge proof and waterproof .This kajal has goodness of aleovera, vitamin E, vitamin C. The price of 0.32 gm product quantity is180 inr.
That's it guys!! Hope this helps you & if you want .more reviews or suggestions on skincare and makeup then do dm me on my Instagram account @beauticity._
Benefits of almonds
Since childhood we are being told to eat soaked almonds every morning. Isn't it?? Well if your parents also suggest you this then do consider their advise. Almonds are beneficial for skin, hair and basically whole body. Almonds are rich in proteins, fibre, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, vitamin E, A, B3 ,B6, potassium, calcium etc.
Benefits of almonds for skin
They promote the growth of new cells. The vitamin-E present in almonds nourishes and softens the skin when applied daily. Including almonds in your diet will not only improve your complexion but also repair the damaged skin. It will also keep your skin away from acne. Do you know?? Massaging your face with almond oil may help to reduce the scarring caused by acne. Almond oil has skin lightening properties, it reduces discoloration so massaging your undereye area with almond oil will help reduce dark circles.
Benefits of almonds for hairs
As almonds are rich in omega-3 & omega-6 fatty acids they increase the blood circulation when massaged well on hairs. This prevents hair loss and premature greying of hairs as well. It provides deep nourishment to the hair follicles and hence strengthens the hairs. Almonds also prevents dandruff and hair damage giving you silky & non-frizzy hairs.
▪︎ Face mask for oily skin
Grind 8-10 soaked almonds & make a thick paste of it. Add just 1 tbsp chickpea flour (besan) or multani mitti & as much required rose water to form a thick paste. Apply evenly on your face. Keep it for good 20 minutes then wash it off.
▪︎ Face mask for dry skin
Take 2 tbsp sweet almond oil & add honey to it. Mix well and apply evenly on your face. Keep it for good 20 minutes and then wash it off
Thank you everyone!! Hope you find this informative and useful. Do share this with your friends as well and follow @beauticity._ for more such information & tips.
STAY TUNED & BE HAPPY
D.I.Y winter facial
Hii guys !! Here I'm sharing my winter facial routine. Do read all the steps and share this with your friends as well.
Dip a cotton pad/ball in raw milk (milk which is not boiled) and clean your face. You can also use your favourite facewash to clean your face.
Milk is rich in alpha_hydroxy acids, vitamin B family, calcium and other antioxidants. Raw milk gently cleanses our skin and keeps it moisturized & well nourished. For oily skin raw milk is beneficial as it controls the sebum production from the pores and also tightens the pores. The alpha hydroxy acid present in the milk gently exfoliate the skin to remove the dead cells layer and dirt clogged inside the pores. The lactic acid protects the skin from free radicals and hence slows down aging. Vitamin B has skin lightening properties which reduces discoloration, uneven skin tone, acne scars & also generates new cells.
Mix 3 tbsp of red lentil powder with raw milk. As it is good not to use harsh scrubs during winters, red lentils powder will exfoliate the skin gently.
* Grind the red lentils in mixer to make the powder out of it & do not add water while grinding.
* Do not over-exfoliate (scrub your face more than 2 or 3 minutes).
The red lentils means masoor dal has been used since long time to lighten the skin, reduce tanning, blemishes and acne scars. The powdered granules of red lentils help exfoliate the skin and gives a radiant and noticeable glow in one use.
Mix 4 tbsp of curd and a pinch of kasturi haldi (wild turmeric). Massage well for 5 minutes all over the face and then wash it off.
Giving a gentle massage is extremely important to increase the blood circulation which helps to give you a radiant looking skin. Massaging circulates proper oxygen to the parts and also boost the collagen production. It helps maintain skin elasticity.
Mix 3 tbsp chickpea flour (besan), 1 tbsp honey & 2 tbsp curd together. Rest it on your skin for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Besan has been used since long as a natural facewash. It has cleansing & oil absorbing properties, helps reduce suntan, uneven skin tone, pigmentation, pimples, acne scars. Honey and curd doesn't let your skin feel dry as it has moisturizing properties.
Natural ingredients may take time to show good results so do this facial regularly twice a week. I hope you find this informative. Follow @beauticity._ for more information & tips.
STAY TUNED & BE HAPPY !!
My Morning Skincare Regime. —
Heys guys!! Hope you are doing well. So here I have shared my morning skincare regime with you guys.. These are the products that I love using & are my personal favourite. Though this is not a detail review but I will be giving a detailed review of each n every product I use, one by one soon.
ORGANIC HARVEST NEEM & TEA TREE FACEWASH.
Since my skin is prone to acne these days, I use this facewash in my morning skin care regime. It gently cleanses the face & has a mild fragrance which does not irritate my nose.
Khadi organic mint & cucumber toner
The fragrance of mint refreshes me😌, so I use this every morning after washing my face. The liquid is green in colour and it comes in a spray bottle which becomes convenient to use. Since it has cucumber, it helps to close the open pores. It is light weighted and gets absorbed quickly.
AROMA MAGIC JUNIPER BERRY OIL FREE MOISTURIZER.
This is my absolute favourite moisturizer as it is oil free, it is good for my oily skin. The fragrance is pleasant and not too harsh to irritate sensitive nose. It has quick absorbing formula and doesn't make my skin feel greasy.
GOODVIBES ROSEHIP SKIN RADIANT GLOW SERUM.
This serum is moisturizing plus gives a glow or a shine on the face instantly. Skin doesn't feel oily, it gets absorbed quickly into the skin.
GOODVIBES WIDE SPECTRUM SUNSCREEN LOTION.
Sunscreen is a important step in skincare routine. This sunscreen comes with SPF 50+ , PA+++ & has age defying properties which protects skin from premature aging. SPF protects our skin from harmful UV rays. It provides a matte look i.e doesn't make your face greasy.
NIVEA LIP CARE.
Moisturizing your lips us also important. You can use any basic lip moisturizer such as petroleum jelly or any of your favourite balm. Nivea lip care provides a reddish tint & a shine on my lips plus it moisturizes my lips well, so it's good to apply whenever you are going for just a casual meeting.
So this were little reviews on all the products I use in my morning skin care routine. Hope this was informative & useful for you all. Follow @beauticity._ for more information and tips. Also share this with your friends.
STAY TUNED & BE HAPPY !!
My acne prone facial regime
Hey guys!! Welcome back.. Here is my acne prone facial regime. These are the products I use for my acne prone skin. I hope you enjoy this.
GOODVIBES TEA TREE FOAMING FACEWASH creates foam and deep cleanses the skin. Tea tree's antibacterial properties kills the bacteria clogged inside the pores & unclogs it.
ALPS GOODNESS TEA TREE POWDER AND WILD TURMERIC POWDER both have anti microbial, antibacterial properties which are beneficial for acne prone skin. This helps to diminish the brown spots of acne and also reduce the swelling of acne. Wild turmeric provides a glowy and even toned skin.
Take 2 tbsp tea tree powder and 1 tbsp of wild turmeric powder. Add as much required rose water or normal water to make a thick paste. Apply evenly on your face and keep it for good 15 minutes. Then wash it off with cold water.
KHADI NATURALS MINT AND CUCUMBER TONER adds a subtle glow to the skin. Mint refreshes the skin & Cucumber shrinks the pores and calms down the redness or inflammation of acne.
DERMDOC SALICYLIC ACID INFUSED SKIN PURIFYING SERUM helps to unclog the pores and the salicylic acid present in the serum helps to kill the acne causing bacteria and provide a light exfoliation to the skin.
DR. JAIN's ALOE VERA GEL is a transparent aloe vera gel which acts as a moisturizer reduces the redness and inflammation of acne. As it is rich in vitamin E, it fades the brown spots caused by acne.
That's it you all !! Thank you for reading. I hope this was informative and helpful for you all. If yes, then please share it with your friends and follow @officialrejuvic for more such information.
STAY TUNED & BE HAPPY !!