I’m Alli, and I’m a born and raised Niagara local who loves everything food, wine and all that the Niagara Region has to offer. I have worked in a variety of restaurants in Niagara as a cook, but currently I’m a baker in a local bakeshop in Niagara on The Lake. I am a self taught cook/baker starting to cook in the kitchen as early as 4 years old. My favourite thing to bake are cookies!
I live right in the middle of wine country so I’m surrounded by so many vineyards and lots of locally grown produce. There’s so many local wineries to visit and so many neat little restaurants and spots to check out for food and drinks.
Follow me on my journey as I showcase the foods I make, and showcase all of what Canada and the Niagara Region has to offer.
Please reach out to me on Instagram or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to work together to be featured, or if you would like to collaborate or create partnerships.
Top Wine Picks
Looking for a new wine?
If you’re looking for a new wine to try, here are my top 3 recommendations.
I love a wine that is light and fruity. One that always makes me wish I could be sipping wine on my back patio all year long.
My 1st pick is Klonzelmann Peachwine. It’s light and fruity and it’s definitely a crowd pleaser. This is a bottle I’m going to be gifting to my mom for Mother’s Day! This is also a winery you want to check out. It’s Niagara exclusive lakefront winery
My next bottle is Trius Brut Rosé. It’s a delicate brut that is fruity with soft citrus, and spice. I enjoyed having it with a piece of the cotton candy offered when I was in the Trius Tour. This is definitely a tour to check out once restrictions allow. It’s the most instagramable wine tour with so many photo opportunities.
Lastly, it might not be a wine, but I recently tried a local winery/cidery out called Shiny Apple Cider. Their Shiny Apple Cider Rosé with Pinot Grigio is fruity with flavours of blackberry, black cherry, and an apple under note. The cider is different and I love it!
Enjoy my picks
The 2019 Peachwine from Klonzelmann Estate Winery in Niagara On the Lake is light with a fruity aroma. It’s the perfect wine to sip on a hot summer day.
Trius Brit Rosé
Trius Brut Rosé- a delicate light and fruity brute.
Apple Cider Rosé with Pinot Noir. Flavours of blackberry, black cherry and apple
Mason Jar Berry Trifle
Recipe for Mason Jar Berry Trifle
Mason Jar Berry Trifles
* Lemon loaf slices
* 1 box vanilla instant pudding mix
* 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
* 2 cups milk
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 2 8oz containers cool whip
* Fresh Strawberries washed, stems removed and sliced
* Fresh washed Blueberries
* Dutchman’s Gold Blueberry Blossom Honey
1. wash and cut berries and set aside
2. Make pudding filling, set aside and chill in fridge until ready to use
3. Cut circles out of the loaf slices (I used cookie cutters that were just smaller than the mouth of the mason jar)
1. to make pudding mix together in a medium bowl 1 box vanilla pudding with vanilla extract , milk and sour cream until a pudding forms. Cover, set aside and chill in Fridge
2. In mason jars place 1 cake circle in the bottoms of each jar, and spoon in pudding to cover layer of cake, add in layer of strawberries, add layer of cool whip, cover with another layer of cake, add layer of pudding, add layer of blueberries, and top with layer of cool whip
*Repeat process depending on mason jar sizes
3. Chill in fridge until ready to serve mason jars for dessert
Right before serving-
Garnish each mason jar with Berries and drizzle of Dutchman’s Gold Blueberry Blossom Honey
Recipe makes about 12-20 small mason jars (125ml) as pictured.Dutchman’s Gold Blueberry Blossom Honey