Te Awa Tipua
An invisible living whole spiritual entity “from the Mountains to the sea - I am the river the river is me” “Mai ngā kāhui Maunga ki Tangaroa - Ko au te awa Ko te awa Ko au “
This website is created to provide researched knowledge & korero about locations along the “Wanganui Awa”
• To share History, Matauranga Māori, customs & whakapapa pertaining to locations
• Stories (pu rakau) - Songs (Waiata/Haka)
• Share awareness & pay homage about Sacred Places (Wāhi Tapu) & Karakia
• Understanding and depth of the enviroment, ngāhere (forest) & Taiao
• Local Service Providers
1. (noun) rifleman, Acanthisitta chloris - Aotearoa/New Zealand's smallest bird, distinguished by its rounded wings, a very short stumpy tail and a fine, slightly upturned bill. Found in native forests and scrub.
Location: 35km towards the river from Raetihi.
Population: small village settlement
Hapu: Ngati Kurawhatia
Iwi: Te Atihaunui-a-papa-rangi