Suppprting women and children experiencing domestic violence and abuse
Women and Children First is a not for profit organisation supporting women and children escaping domestic violence and abuse.
We provide crisis accommodation, counselling, legal advice, advocacy, family support and short term housing.
We rely on community donations to pay the cost of programs we run to help provide practical and emotional support to families.
FOR HELP - Contact our office on (02) 99714499
For information on our programs, swipe LEFT.
A 6 week program for women who are experiencing or have recently experienced domestic violence
The program aims to:
* Distinguish the difference between relationship issues and abuse
* Create awareness that domestic violence is more than physical abuse
* Explore factors that may keep someone in a relationship with an abusive partner
* Enable women to gain practical and emotional support
* Assist women to stop blaming themselves for the abuse
* Enhance a woman’s self-awareness of her needs and awareness of her children’s needs, if applicable
* Explore safe options and how to make healthy decisions
Free childcare is available but must be booked in advance
To enrol, please call 9971 4499 or email email@example.com
Circle of Security
7 week evidence based parenting program
Evidence based “attachment and relationship” parenting program, designed to build secure attachment between parents/caregivers and children.
Aimed at parents of babies and pre-schoolers. Mum’s “to be” are also welcome.
Limited spots for free childcare are available but must be booked in advance.
To enrol for this parenting group, please call 9971 4499 or email our service on firstname.lastname@example.org