Dear Aisyah Izzati
From Breakdown to Breakthrough
Hi you found me! I am Aisyah Izzati and peace be upon you!
This is just a space created for me to clear out my mind from those heavy and overflowing thoughts. I hope you'll find something that you can relate and little do you know, I really hope the words might at least help the other souls out there to surmount any pain that breaks you.
Bake with me!
🍓 Homemade Strawberry Crumbs 🍓
I swear strawberries are the best combination of sweet and sour! The easiest dessert to make from the scratch I tell you! Let's learn how to make it!
PS: You can also use the *other family of berries— blueberries, raspberries or blackberries if you don't like strawberries hehe
What you'll need for this recipes areeee
• 1 1/2 cups flour
• 1/2 cup of cold butter
• 3/4 cup sugar
• divided 1/2 tsp baking powder
• a pinch of salt
• 1 large egg
• a bowl of fresh strawberries*
• 2 tbsp cornstarch
1. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, the baking powder and salt in a large bowl of course.
2. Then, add the cold (cubed) butter and egg and mix with fork or pastry cutter until it turns into fine crumbs form.
3. Combine the strawberries, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch until berries are coated evenly IN ANOTHER BOWL.
4. Grease your baking dish with some butter
5. Pour the the crumb mixture and press it firmly at the bottom
6. Pour in the strawberry mixtures on the top and pour the tops with remaining crumbs.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 40-45 mins
8. After it's done, let it cool and you can dig it in!
Option: Enjoy the crumbs with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream mmm yum!
Crumb Bar Recipes
I used this Strawberry Crumb Bars recipe from Crouton Crackerjacks. The credit is all theirs!