Welcome to the club
For creative non-creatives
Club Nelson does all the grunt work for you, everything you need to go from
novice to self-made artiste, all in one box!
A mindful and stylish, iso-friendly activity to do at home, regardless of your artistic talent. You can switch off, knowing that when you’re finished you’ll have a beautiful piece of art to hang, made just by you!
Each Paint-by-Numbers kit is planet friendly using recycled, sustainable or reusable materials.
Our kits are hand made and assembled in Melbourne and Sydney. We try and source everything within Australia, so when you buy from us, you’re not only supporting this female-owned side hustle, you’re also getting behind the local businesses, artists, and creatives behind each kit!
So paint, you bright thing, unleash your inner Frida Kahlo. Dare to dream in a kaleidoscope of imagination, with a little help from us, to paint within the lines.
Bec & Tina xo
Shop Paint-by-Numbers Kits
EACH KIT CONTAINS
• 1 x original illustration numbered outline on primed A3 canvas
• 6 x mini glass & cork numbered paint pots, with premium low VOC acrylic paint
• 4 pc x artist quality vegan brush set
• ready to hang with pre-fixed PEFC certified Tasmanian oak wall mount framing. We’ve also pre-fixed some biodegradable tape to your frame to protect from paint spills, easily remove this after last coat is dry
• an eco friendly card with full colour finished artwork design
• each kit, including our packaging, is assembled with eco-friendly, reusable or recycled materials - all packaging including shipping labels & tape is 100% recyclable
• Hand made, designed & assembled in Australia
Kits cost $69 each
+ $10.95 postage Australia wide
Portrait of a Bored Lady
Channeling the old Renaissance art of lazing around semi-naked, our modern day ‘Portrait of a Bored Lady’ may strike a cord in all of us living in the surreal year of 2020.
A dreamy, creamy tonal palette of earthy nudes, designed exclusively for Club Nelson by young Melbourne artist Shanahbelle Macdonald.
Lead time 2-3 weeks approx.
Here are our tips to enjoying your paint-by-numbers session
What you’ll need to get started:
• a pot of warm water to clean your brushes as you go along (we like to re-use pretty candle jars or vintage glasses)
• some newspaper or mat to wipe paint spills, to lay your canvas out on to protect your table from paint spills
• a cloth or paper towel to dab any mess
Follow the number guide on the canvas with the corresponding numbers. We recommend painting all sections of one particular colour before moving on to the next colour.
Each colour may need 1-2 coats. Leave to dry in between coats. Eeek, you’ve run out of paint? Don’t worry, get in touch with us via Insta DM and we’ll help you out.
We’ve pre-fitted eco tape to the top and bottom of the Tassie oak, to protect your framing while you paint. Once the final coat of paint is fully dry and you’re ready to hang, gently remove this tape.
The paint in your kit is premium quality eggshell acrylic paint by Porters Paint. They hand make their very low VOC paints in small batches with only premium grade raw materials. Fully washable, fast drying, with a subtle sheen. Wipe up any spills immediately with a damp cloth. Shake (making sure you’re finger is holding cork top secure) your mini paint pots before each use.
Brush care: clean brushes thoroughly, immediately after use in warm soapy water and rinse well. Reshape bristles with fingers and allow to dry prior to storage.
Left over paint? Don’t pour it down the drain, keep excess paint secure in your glass bottles and save them for the next time you’re feeling crafty.
Our favourite way to level up your Paint-by-Numbers experience is to put on a great playlist or your fave TV in the background (we love Seinfeld or SATC), pour yourself a glass of wine or a nice pot of herbal tea and enjoy some well deserved YOU TIME xo